Ewart Professor of Christian Education & Youth Ministry (2000-2021); Continuing status for graduate student supervision (Centre for Theological Studies, TST)
Nam Soon was a part of the Knox Faculty from 2000-2021. She taught Educational Ministry of the Church, Teaching the Bible in the Church, Models of Teaching the Bible, Human Growth and Spiritual Journey, Contemporary Christian Education Theory, Spirituality and Religious Education, Theory and Practice for Youth Ministry, Curriculum Theory and Practice, and Culture and Practical Ministry.
Click to view Nam Soon’s curriculum vitae.
Presentations and publications:
- “Demythologizing the “Silent Exodus”: Asian-Canadian Protestant Young Adults” Journal of Youth and Theology, Fall 2019
- “Challenges and Opportunities for Asian Canadian Immigrant Churches and its Educational Implications” Presented at REA Annual Meeting, November 2019
- “Challenges and Opportunities for Asian Canadian Immigrant Churches with First and Second Generation Congregants: A Qualitative Study of Members of Chinese, Taiwanese, and Korean Churches in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)” with a Louisville Project grant; presented findings at a public forum at Knox College in April 2019
- “Youth Ministry that Matters: Voices of Korean Canadian Youth,” The Journal of Youth Ministry, Vol. 15. No. 2, spring 2017, pp.97-120
“Christian Education for the Public: Lessons from Legacy of Ewart College” in Toronto Journal of Theology, Supplement 1, 2015, pp. 93-108
- “Sunday School Revisited: An Alternative to Christian Education of the Church Today?” In Journal of Religious Education, Feb. 2013, Vol. 108, 2, pp.180-192